ETFs such as USO are not holding actual oil unlike gold ETF GLD which actually holds gold bars. USO uses futures contracts to track oil prices and they are pointing up or using fancy terms in contango now. USO fund each month has to sell front contract and buy more expensive next month contract. Because of that effect when last year oil prices dropped from $53.49 to $37.13 or drop of 30% the USO ETF went down from $20.36 to $11.00 or drop of 46% which is 16% difference thanks to contango and expenses. Looking forward into 2016/17 (here for example) 20% increase from $37 to $44.21 is already priced in into future contracts so if oil raises less than 20% USO investors will lose money. Oil needs to rally at least 25% to $46 for investment in USO to break even if you include expenses.
If you need help implementing your trading system Upwork.com is a good place to start looking for freelancers. You can hire developers for fixed price (for example $200-$300 for simple algorithms) or pay hourly rate if you need continuous support for your system. There are multiple benefits of going through sites such as Upwork instead of working directly with contractors. First, there are multiple developers bidding for your project and you pick the best ones based on experience or completion rates. Second, you only pay after you receive working product while the site acts as an escrow between you and freelancer. All you need is an idea for profitable trading system.
Follow the stocks and get personalized news and alerts. Access real-time information and investment updates to stay on top of the market.
• Add stocks to your watchlist to get real-time quotes and a personalized news stream
• Find all the financial information you need
• Go beyond stocks and track currencies, commodities and more
• Real Time - Live quotes for over 40,000 financial instruments, traded on over 70 global exchanges, constantly updated
• Economic Calendar - Global economic events and updates in real time, including post factum statements
• Live Charts - Follow price movements for financial instruments, all in real time
• Portfolio - Easily build your customized portfolio as a personal tracker to monitor your favorite financial instruments
• Breaking News - Alerts and notifications on major global economic events as they happen
• Opinion & Analysis - The latest articles and reports from financial industry’s top experts
• Technical Analysis - Live signals based on our advanced technical indicator system, presented in a perfect manner for trading and easily comprehensible for retrieving information
• Emerging Markets - Extensive coverage of world economies outside of the Group of Ten (G-10)
• Earnings Calendar - Track companies and entities who are expected to release earnings reports within the upcoming time-frames
TT Mobile is a trading app for professional derivatives traders worldwide. Access and trade the leading international exchanges and liquidity platforms including CME, ICE, Eurex, EEX, eSpeed, NFX and others from your mobile device with this feature-rich, intuitive app. With TT in your pocket, you can keep watch on the markets and your orders when you’re away from your trading workstation.
The app gives you the ability to:
• View market data from all TT-supported markets
• Enter, monitor, adjust and cancel orders from an order ticket or MD Trader® ladder
• Access fills, positions and complete audit trail history back to the day your account was created
• Market watchlist
• Market-centric view of orders and positions
• Trading from order ticket
• Trading and order management from MD Trader ladder
• Order management screen
• Fills and positions
• Forever Audit Trail
US lifted crude oil export ban just a week ago and now:
First tanker carrying U.S. crude exports sets off from Texas
The first oil tanker of freely traded U.S. crude launched Thursday afternoon from the Port of Corpus Christi, about 160 miles north of the Texas border with Mexico.
The Chicago Business Barometer contracted at the fastest pace since July 2009, falling 5.8 points to 42.9 in December from 48.7 in November.
Remind me again why are we hiking interest rates? This low level of PMI never happened outside of recession.
The ISM-Chicago Business Survey